Thursday, May 19, 2011

this painting has no name

The finished painting!  I realized as I was writing this post that I haven't yet named it.  I've been trying to stay looser in my paintings, and let go of that holding-your-breath-trying-to-make-it-just-so feeling.  It's bunches more fun if you are not freaked out every time you pick your brush up.



Sorry about the quality of these images.  I don't have a real camera (these are iphone pics) and the painting is too big for my scanner.  Yes I know I could scan it in pieces and all that jazz, but who has time for that?! (I do not...as I type this I ought to be working on something else, but I get excited when I finish something!)




I know you guys like seeing the painting surrounded by the chaos of my table top...




That thing in the upper left corner is my color work book.  I had to paint what felt like a billion swatches of different color combinations, plus shades and tints for each combo, for a painting class I took at city college.  The class itself was pretty useless, but I've kept and used that color work book ever since.  It's a super helpful thing to have, if you  have the patience to make one.  


9 comments:

Gabby Zapata said...

This turned out lovely! :) I loved seeing your process work as well!

Michelle said...

This looks fantastic!!!

Patrick Moore said...

Love this...As always!

Wouter Bruneel said...

Great piece!

Why Edward Juan? said...

Its very cute gette, and I like to see your work desk more.
How about a gay couple huh?

Daron Leah Nefcy said...

awesome awesome awesome!

Sage said...

it's so cool, seeing it go from rough sketch to final work of art! i wish i could draw as good as you. :)

Shannon said...

I love this! It's adorable! When are you gonna start selling prints again???

Erik Johnson said...

Hows about "Under the Umbrella"?