Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's Your Lucky Day.

Do you know why?

Because that "store" button WORKS now! Go! Click it! Click click click!

That's my little etsy store. For those of you who haven't heard of etsy before, it's like a little online venue for handmade and vintage goods. I discovered it about a year ago and I have bought a LOT of stuff on it, like my famed Abraham Lincoln cameo brooch and my favorite lucky blouse that has little tiny four leaf clovers all over it. It's nice and clean looking and it doesn't require me to know a lot of html n stuff, which is great for a technology tardo like me. At the moment I don't have a whole lot of stuff up, BUT I'm planning on adding things DAILY! So keep checkin' back. There are quite a few original pieces for sale right now, and once those guys are gone they're gone, so get 'em while the getting's good!

In the meantime, here's a coyote driving a car:



And here is a visual metaphor for my life right now:



One thing I have to confide in you dear blog reader: getting my new post-big studio life together is really time consuming! Half of the battle seems to be just getting organized, which is a lot, lot, LOT easier said than done. But I'm doing it, and so far it's been fun and super challenging... All of a sudden I'm back on CalArts time where everyday goes by and I'm like "What? When did TUESDAY happen?? What's the date? Wait...what time is it? Is that why I'm so hungry??" You know how it goes.

Thanks everybody for your support and nice comments and stuff. It is extreeeeeeeemly appreciated!

hearts,
brigette b.

18 comments:

Cookedart said...

Great stuff!

Congrats on the store too.

IZA said...

AWESOME!!!! I will buy something from you once I have some money!!!

Great drawings too!!! Simply wonderful!!!

Carson said...

Hi brigette, I just discovered your blog via roadside scholar, and I'm glad I visited! Great drawings!!

Anonymous said...

I can really relate to you right now. Especially about the days flying by while you try to get organized. I've got to say that it's liberating to not be connected to a big corporation. I can tell off color sex jokes to my dogs and no one can report me to HR! I love your store and your blog makeover. Your really going places lady. Sorry we did not get to talk at the show. Summer is coming and we can catch up at a BBQ.

Ivan Aguirre said...

your posts always make me laugh, in a good way, not in a bad way. mainly the way you write, it makes me laugh. I love the designs on the cars,The last drawing of you in the car is really great.

-Ivan

brigette b said...

Megan - It's about time for a BBQ anyway! The weather is getting all lovely. Perhaps when Sean I return from Swarovski-land?

Ivan - I'm glad you like my writing. Hopefully I'll be incorporating more of it into my art stuff soon. I've been thinking about doing some little comics for while now...it's kinda intimidating territory (for me) though!

Neysa Bové said...

I do have to admit, that coyote car crazy idea is pretty inventive. I like it!

Geisslein said...

By a fluke I found your blog (via roadside scholar) - and I think it´s neccessary to tell you, how much I like your art of drawing!!! Wow! So great! Now I has to go to your etsy store - so good by for now. Greetings from germany
geisslein
http://creative-geisslein.blogspot.com/

Jeff Liu said...

Oh wow everything looks fancy cool now! Things are seeming awesome for you.
Go artistic integrity go!!!

Hobo Divine said...

Gorgeous drawings Brigette!

Hobo Divine said...

P.S.

I noticed we have the same occupation!
:)

EL GRANDE said...

Ok, so you're scary talented. "Just Breathe." I really dig this blog and your portfolio one as well. Congrats on being so awesome:)

Ciao,
Joe y Elio

Mirco said...

This blog and your art is fantastic. I really enjoy that coyote driving his car. I hope you two don't get in an accident.

Anonymous said...

Barrager Wacky Racers! Brilliant.

-Alex

Ivan Aguirre said...

sounds good Bridgette, I'd love to see some comics done in your style.Im sure whatever you end up doing will turn out great.
-Ivan

Javi Recio said...

I love you fast drawings, and you line; everythings is quite elegant, very nice work, congratulations. I`ll visit your blog again very soon.
Byes

Tobias Schwarz said...

wow, great work here!

Heidi Smith said...

Really great sketches!