Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Color, color, who's got the color?

I'm gonna paint these guys. I pulled these awesome color schemes from some cool vintage fabrics I found. If you're gonna bite, bite from something totally awesome, right?

I am leaning towards pink (#4), but because I am interested in your opinion, and also because I've got nobody around to bounce it off of, I'm having one of my ol' fashioned votes.

#1: Turquoise and yellow...pretty but kinda plain. My first impulse. This is the color scheme I first imagined it in.


#2: Green and orange-red together, like something you'd find in a thrift store.


#3: More muted pink and blue and warm grey...gives it a whole different feeling, doesn't it?


#4: Think pink! My favorite so far...but I like the others too...maybe it's too pink? A little too saccharine?


I'm painting it tomorrow, so don't think about it too long!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would pick the first one, I think the colors are better in this illustration.

H. Ahrens said...

I love your art! I follow your blog regularly. If it isn't too late, I would go with the first one as well. It is a bit more vibrant.

-Hanna

RNS said...

I'm torn between number two and number four.

Anonymous said...

i really like the second color way... it looks like they're meeting up for a date around dusk!

jonathan said...

oooou i like the third one

Emil said...

Turquoise and Yellow!!!
But what about Turquoise and Pink?
errmmpphh....I kinda like the pink one, but I feel that the T&Y will be the right way to go :)

Awesome works!!!

Pearl Grey said...

I think the first one is the best.

Jonathan said...

def pink