Sunday, November 12, 2006

Character design time! These lovely ladies are supposed to be from the 1920's, where the ideal silhouette was either a long skinny rectangle or a long skinny inverted triangle. Everything was belted on the hips to make the torso look longer, and people LOOOOVED fur. Anybody who was anybody seems to have had a fur coat or a coat with fur on it.

This lady came out looking a bit like Myrna Loy.



...while this gal has some serious attitude...








Lillian Gish-ish.



I like this girls personality a lot but for some reason I have a hard time drawing her. She's all goofy.



Thouroughly Modern Milly?



I keep hitting dead ends in a lot of these drawings, that is, I feel like I keep doing the same drawing over and over again. Maybe it's because I've been looking at photos for costume reference, and pretty much everybody looks like this:



Coming soon: Men of the 1920's!

5 comments:

lorelay bove said...

brigette, they are adorable!

shiyoon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shiyoon said...

these are awesome.. I like lillian and the girl right after her the best~ (the one in the lower right corner when she's wearing the hat and holding a suit case is super apealing!)

Amelia Lorenz said...

BRIDGETTE!! I love your blog!!! Your drawings are most awesome, please keep it up, and when's your film coming out!!
20s fashion ROCKS!

Rita Csizmadia said...

Hi Brigette,

I'm a longtime fan of your work, and I'm so glad I took a look at your earlier work, the "gal with serious attitude" looks just like faye dunaway! love it!